When I've told people my daughter is away on holidays (all of 5 nights mind you) the reaction is normally this:
"Oh... what do you think of that?"
What do I think of that?
I think that I've won the bloody lotto, is what I think.
I'm not sure if that makes me a BAD mum, probably. Sorry bout that. But Red has a ball on these holidays, so does nanna, and frankly, so do I.
Here's a list of just a few things I've done this week:
- Actually had sex with my husband. Twice.
- Cleaned the entire house in under 2 hours. Including washing the windows, cleaning the stove and rangehood, vaccuming, mopping, the entire thing. It's amazing what you can achieve when a little person isn't trying to ride the vaccum cleaner like a horse.
- Caught up on 4 episdoes of The Borgias and finished an entire novel.
- Not only got to work on time, but sitting at my desk 15 minutes early. With an ironed shirt, beautifully straightened hair and carefully applied eyeshadow.
- Shopped for a new bra. And purchased one. Anyone who has a 3 year old will understand what a monumental achievement this is.
- Gazed apon my gorgeous, clean house, and committed every spotless nook and cranny to memory, before it once again, erupts in a volcano of Dora merchandise.
A clean house doesn't make up for that lonely corner in your heart where the cuddles are missing.
But you know what; I don't think I should feel guilty about enjoying my little holiday. It was pretty damn cool, and Red is happy too.
Mum, however, might need a few months to recover... LOL.