Sunday, October 9, 2011

Things I know. Creepy psychologists, new table, dummy withdrawal and other stuff

My very first things I know post, inspired by Shae at Yay for Home! Sorry it's such a downer ...


Here's some things I know tonight.

I know that I'm not better yet and that I try not to take my insomnia medication but fail most nights.

I know that I get up at 11.30pm after trying to fall asleep for 1.5 hours and google "Stilnox and pregnancy" and "valerian and pregnancy" and "melatonin and pregnancy", even though I"m not pregnant, and that doesn't help me sleep at all either, because I'm taking all of them and I will probably have a deformed baby if I ever have one.

I know that my psychologist is not really clicking with me; I think he's creepy and although we did have a breakthrough this week he also told me that my husband is "crazy" not to want to sleep with me more because I am a "very attractive woman" and that I am pretty certain crosses some serious professional boundaries and his house smells like dogs and he only has decaf coffee and I cannot understand how I ended up in this position to be talking about anxiety to old weirdos who make me feel even more on edge.

I know that I had a pretty good day today.  We went and picked up a brand new table from my sister.  Well obviously it's not brand new, because it's her old one, but it's the newest and most modern furniture we've ever owned, it's a gorgeous dark wood square hulk of a thing, with ivory covered fabric chairs and looks elegant in our house.  I know that made me happy.

I know that despite the dummy fairy euphoria of nights past, it's taking Little Red on average an hour longer to fall asleep these nights and that is exhausting me.

I know I've pinched this "I know" format from other bloggers... but damn, it is useful.
What do you know?  Others know stuff here... read all about it!

6 comments:

  1. If you pinch the I know format, link it up with Shae at Yay for Home and joint the "things I know" meme. Shae is absolutely lovely and her linky should still be open (http://yayforhome.blogspot.com )

    If the psych is making you feel more strung out, it sounds like it might be time to go elsewhere? Good luck.

    And, I've not fallen asleep before midnight this week. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *join even. I'm not sure how you'd feel about jointing out a meme, or even what knife you'd use. It sounds tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a new psych, really.

    Hang in there with the dummy bizzo.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up on the Things I know, V... I wasn't sure where it came from! I'll head over there with my big carving knife now.

    And thanks Lucy for your kind words as well, think I will take your advice! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a tech retard. I don't know how to make the Things I Know image a "link" (ie. click on it and it takes you to the blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up :)

    Sounds like you need a new psyc.

    The dummy fairy visited here recently and while there have not been many tears it has been long long bedtimes...

    ReplyDelete